Welcome to Year 1!
The Year 1 team would like to wish all of the children an adults the very best during these unusual times. We hope you are all keeping safe and well at home. Thank you for your continued support while school is closed and while we were still all in school.
Please find below some home learning activities that you can complete with your child/children. We would not expect you to be completing all of these, but have made a list of ideas which we thought would be useful. Do not hesitate to contact us through email; we will be checking regularly and will always be here to help!
We would encourage families to discuss how they will manage learning at home by:
1) Creating a schedule together.
2) Looking at available resources (see links below).
3) Planning time to sit down and share learning; what has been achieved and what was challenging.
4) Making it fun through creative activities and play.
5) Planning a reward system e.g. sticker charts.
A regular routine may include:
- Daily reading
- Daily maths and writing activity
- Practice on Numbots
- Handwriting/spelling work
- Daily counting in 1s, 2s, 5s or 10s
- Arts and crafts time
Thank you for all of your hard work,
Mrs Fradgley, Miss Chapman, Mrs Street, Mr Anderson and Miss Buckley