Phonics – additional activities
(use the sound cards from your child’s reading record)
- Create a sound hut around the house using post-it notes or small pieces of paper.
- Make a sound hop-scotch outside with chalk.
- Use PhonicsPlay to play phonics game (online website).
- Sound splat – fill water balloons and using a sharpie write sounds on them. Children to splat them outside whilst saying the sound in a funny voice.
- Painting sounds on the ground outside using water and a paint brush, chalk etc. Children can also write words of things they can see around them and add the sound buttons.