For the next two weeks our maths learning is all about time.
This is what we will be covering
- Before and after
- Time to the hour
- Time to the half hour
- Writing time
- Comparing time
There are 10 lessons for time with a short introductory video.
Maths - additional activities
- Help pair up the socks from the washing and count the pairs in 2s.
- Measure the height/length of different objects and compare.
- How many cups of water does it take to full a bucket? How many jugs does it take to fill a bucket? How many buckets to fill a bath? What’s the difference?
- Go on a number hunt around the house.
- When eating your tea begin by counting how many vegetables, chips, beans etc. Compare to adults, younger child. Do you have more, less, equal amounts?
- Log onto Numbots (look at your reading log for your log-in details).
- Practise counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Use dominoes to solve additions.
- Play a game of snakes and ladders.
- Practise your number bonds to 10. If you can remember all of these, practise your number bonds to 20!
- Draw 3 everyday objects that are shaped like a cube.
- Count knives, forks and spoons in the cutlery drawer. Which one do you have the most/least of?
- Draw 3 objects around your home that are the same size as your hand.
- Watch the clock and practising telling the time using o’clock and half past.