You will find a short video clip for each lesson this week on this website and the schools YouTube channel. It will explain the PowerPoint and give guidance on activities to complete.
English - additional ideas
- Re-cap the sounds on the phonics card in your reading log. Write words that use that phoneme.
- Write a shopping list for a party and make an invitation.
- Write a letter to a fairytale character.
- Read and write tricky words (look in your homework folder for lists previously sent out)
- Reading daily – your school book, library book or books at home.
- Write a book review or blurb about your favourite book.
- Write a description of characters from story books using lots of fantastic adjectives.
- Think up a new character, draw them and write about them.
- Keep a daily diary entry.
- Transform a book character into a sock puppet.
- Write a story about a cat who can sing.
- Use the conjunctions ‘and’, ‘but’ and ‘so’ in sentences.
- Write a string of rhyming words.
- Write a description of your favourite toy.